Friday, May 20, 2011

Restaurant Cleanliness

One of the things I would like to see some day is that restaurants, like hospitals, like some hotels I've been in recently, like an airport I have been in recently, install hand sanitizers for their employees' use. They could, just like in my hospital be there with an invitation for patrons to use as well, but I would really like to see the day when, just before my server comes up to the table, they go to the sanitizer and rub their hands with alcohol gel before they touch anything on my table or take my order.

There is no reason not to do this, and I think the public esteem for restaurants who do this would surely improve. Maybe some employees use a private sanitizer already, but making it a public event says more than the same act performed in secret.

No comments: